Saturday 28 July 2012

Repulse Bay


I woke up at 12:30. This is unbelievable. I never sleep past 9am.........I must be jet lagged. Luckily, this wasn't important. We headed to the beach as the sun was shining and why the devil not.
The temperature on the giant thermometer was 32 when we arrived at Repulse Bay, a very high end part of Hong Kong. Built for the wealthy and exceptionally successful (depending on what you class as success) AND on this note, the more I am here, the more I am convinced that what I now have come to believe is success, isn't the same as most. Being successful here seems to be being able to go out drinking every night, live in an expensive apartment and talk about how successful you are to other people who think they are successful.
I have to find things that make me happy in this city. A few of MY favourite things: swimming in the sea, drinking coffee watching the world go by, perusing the shops for hours choosing food, cooking, exercise, wandering, bumbling, reading, communicating with friends and family, theatre, art, poetry, music, sunsets, good conversation, walking, photos etc etc








We headed home on the bus to Queens Road. I cooked some dinner, noodles/soy sauce. Luckily, I lived off noodles and soy sauce pre Hong Kong and while I am jobless, simple food and the simple life is a must.

I had a 'me' night. Sorted through my photos (now that I have a new chapter to start) out with the old, in with the new. I even learnt how to do a sum on Excel, this is a huge thing for me :D A very proud lady I was with this. My Hong Kong budget is now LIVE (although I have exceeded my daily spending limit EVERY day) note to self: money doesn't matter, it's fluid, what goes around comes around.

New things achieved today:

I swam in the sea: properly for a long time and I wasn't scared and I really enjoyed it. More please

Excel is now my friend: after literally years and years of turmoil, I am finally using this spreadsheet fantasy and can and will continue to work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment