Tuesday 31 July 2012

First meeting in Hong Kong 'Suit me up and bring me success'


I'm sure putting make up on is one of the most useless tasks I have done today. By the time of my meeting I am sure there will be no sign of it left. I have my first meeting and it is a cool 36 degrees outside. My iPhone App informs me the 'real feel is 43degrees'. I guess living in these climates is a test in itself. To go about your daily business with a cool wave of exuberance. To remain relaxed and happy when your body feels like it's dying and being cooked.

My meeting today went really well. I met with Robert in The Central Building at 2pm after a lovely lunch at Shelly's Yard. Minestrone soup (a bit watery, more like a broth, I can do better), and Dhal (i.e the most carbs I have ever seen on one plate)

I had a sample and left most of it. My heat rash is a constant reminder to not eat too much, or rubbish food. The healthier I am, the less my skin will suffer and the less make up I will have to wear. Both essential for my HK living. Make up doesn't stay on your face, in fact today was the first day I have even bothered to apply any so not needing any will help in the humidity. My skin is and always had been very sensitive. I will continue to stay healthy and I am sure with time this will adapt too.





The downside of drinking your own body weight in water daily, as is required by this city, is you constantly need the toilet. Luckily, HK has public toilets EVERYWHERE. Forgetting to 'nip to the bathroom' before you leave anywhere can be a painful mistake. Humidity PLUS desperate to go to the toilet equals A VERY uncomfortable 10 minutes.

My meeting was another piece in my Hong Kong puzzle. I like Robert, I think he is genuine and I am sure that something good will come of this. If The Quantum Physics Quest is to be believed, which I clearly think it does, then I will have a job in no time. I have a plan, and I will stick to this. Being patient for the next four  weeks and focusing solely on events roles, after this, if I am still not finding anything then I will open up to sales roles. I will leave Hong Kong at the end of October/mid November if I have given it 110% and still haven't found anything and head to Australia, via the Philippines for Christmas cocktails on the beach.

But for now, 110% commitment to find me my dream role, settle into city life and enjoy each day that I am lucky enough to be here.



No comments:

Post a Comment