Monday 23 July 2012

To thine own self be TRUE


"Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and some have greatness thrust upon 'em"

I went to see an outside production of Twelfth Night on a beautiful summers evening tonight. A welcome distraction from thinking about the huge task that lies ahead, leaving the UK and saying good-bye to the people I love the most.

The play was something I had been desperate to see. I was regularly looking at The Globe to see if there was a performance so my mum and I could go. Literally for months.......I was more than delighted to see it advertised, at Bedales, just up the road, two nights before I flew.

Twelfth Night is about a girl called Viola, who re invents herself when she finds herself in a new, unfamiliar place.

Today was tough, tomorrow will be tougher. Leaving never gets easier. Change never gets easier. I believe that the harder the challenge, the more rewarding. "Nothing ventured, nothing gained".

I am leaping out of my comfort zone and I am going to follow my heart. Learn to truly listen to what it is feeling and believing. Stand on my own two feet and open my heart to all possibilities. Let the quantum physics quest chapter, 'ongoing' begin.

I go through waves of excitement and then I feel sick. I feel scared and then brave. I know this is real and the start of something new. I am learning to connect. Slow and steady. Day by day.

I feel dead if I stand still, I feel like standing still when I make big life changing decisions. This is my life. I am going to take a giant leap of faith. I am going to experience the journey. I am going to accept the challenges. I am going to enjoy the change, the new, the unknown surprises that come from the unknown.

"You don't grow when you are comfortable". Good old mumsie. To be exceptional, you have to get comfortable with being uncomfortable.

I will be saying good-bye to some very important and amazing people tomorrow. People who have made me everything I am today. People who have taught me so much. You make these big decisions, but you never really know. I guess you just have to try. I will be living my life, and they will be living theirs. I will think of them, they will think of me. I will be making new stories to tell, and I will be back to listen to theirs. There is one thing about good byes, the HELLO's that follow

"Not all those who wander are lost"











No comments:

Post a Comment