Tuesday 31 July 2012

Look at the forest, not the individual tree




I've just emailed a local charity to help them out. I want to give something to the community while I am in Hong Kong. Give something back to the city that has already given me so much. The charity is called Feeding Hong Kong http://feedinghk.org/

The charity distributes the left over food, which normally goes to waste, to people who can't afford to buy food themselves.

There is no social security in Hong Kong so many people live in poverty. I am keen to stay busy while I am job hunting and what better way to do this than to volunteer for a charity that is doing something I believe is so important. I am also obsessed with food, eating healthily for the lowest cost, so I think I will be able to do some good work for them. It's also a good opportunity to meet some locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment