Thursday 7 February 2013

Photos and January in a nut shell

I have been busy.

January stole my heart......but now I'm back. A new leaf as my mum would say. A new mountain completed......

Here are some photos from January.

Hong Kong is preparing for Chinese New Year celebrations......the streets and buildings are lined with mandarin trees and flowers. I've asked and asked (all of the locals too) the relevance of mandarin trees for Chinese New Year. No one seems to know so I've put it in the same box as Christmas trees.......both holidays require bringing in trees inside, but no one can quite recall why? Me and my beautiful sister used to laugh so hard about this.

While out and about I also went to visit the Happy Valley Cemetery. Very interesting to see history. Graves of the first missionaries, revolutionaries, poets and writers.





































No comments:

Post a Comment