Monday 18 June 2012

5 more Monday's................



Monday morning. The sun is shining through the rain clouds and I am sitting at work, in my little office in sleepy Petersfield Hampshire. What makes this different to every other Monday morning is I leave the UK in 5 weeks to start a new life, in HONG KONG! I have no plans, apart from arrive and look for a job. I have no idea what the future holds for me there, but I KNOW in my heart it is the right place for me to be going at this exact point in my life and I CAN'T WAIT!! 

I returned from a vacation to Hong Kong last week. I went initially for a week, extended my stay and stayed for an extra week. Hong Kong had a huge impact on me, obviously. I went on a quest. I went to prove the theory that everything in the universe is connected, and as I am a part of the universe, therefore also connect to it. I went with an open mind, an open heart and ready to embrace everything that happened to me while I was there. 

I have been looking for somewhere that I feel I belong for some time. I arrived in Hong Kong under some very rare circumstances and was faced with some even more unusual circumstances, that all pointed me towards making the decision to return to the UK, quit my job and book a one-way ticket back to Hong Kong. 

This is the start of something new...................




What does one do in the office when you are leaving in the near future? WELL, I have a list of things to work through; starting a blog was clearly the winner this morning. I also need to buy a suitcase, call the TAX man, call my mobile phone provider, get phone unlocked and cancel contract (not high on the list, top of the annoyance list) buy a Kindle (though I am going to work on this as a leaving present), settle my library account (charges that appeared even though the books never did), business card design and printing, up date CV and Linked In account (where better to write a list than a blog), cancel hair appointment (I cannot afford such luxuries as I will be entering into the world of unemployment, or entering the world as unemployed, they both work really), apply for many many jobs in HK, seek out ANY contact I have in HK, sort room out (throw stuff away, not just re organise),........that'll do for now!

Why is it when you decide to leave the country, suddenly you fall in love with it in a whole new light? Sadly, this time, nothing will compare to the excitement of what may be in HK cityyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy





No comments:

Post a Comment