Friday 22 June 2012

The Fear of Forgetting your ID, Sandwich packaging and Feeling the Music................


I rushed to work this morning, running a little late as I managed to turn BOTH my alarms off. My subconscious in the morning definitely plays tricks on me, convincing me things like, not going to work, missing my morning run, not needing an alarm and you will naturally wake up at the right time.

The reason my normal morning routine was eradicated this morning was I went up to London last night to a gig.....and WHAT a gig it was.

First incident was forgetting my ID and not having the time to go retrieve it. Why is it, that even though I am 25 (and a 1/2) I still feel the fear after forgetting my ID. I haven't been ID'd in years. But the fact that it isn't available to you, if this situation arises, for some reason still puts you on edge! Maybe it's the dread of not having a cider, in the sun before a gig.

Second incident is sandwich packaging. I mean REALLY. Who designs and approves these? I'm not one to normally buy pre made sandwiches, it goes against a lot of my morals, sandwiches are clearly the easiest thing you can make yourself, therefore it is never really justified to purchase one that has been made for you. However, on the rare occasion that I have no time, have to jump on a train straight from work to attend a gig I bought one (reduced, which lessons the blow)
WHEN did sandwich packs become so, unbelievably hard to get in to??!?!?! Pull here, push this bit in, slightly tare this part, and then it explodes anyway, and often you loose a part, if not all of the sandwich on the floor.
Note to self: Stick to home made, easily accessible food in future.

London IS a pretty cool place really.........Pretty AND cool being the key points of the last statement. There is no-where that is as aesthetically pleasing as London, and it was pretty chilly.









I mastered the drinking but not getting drunk challenge last night. The key here is clearly water......and having the confidence to say NO.......Saying this, the pre cider did definitely enhance the musical experience, which I felt for the first time in a long time. That moment you are completely at one with the music, the crowd and the true connection to everyone in the room. WHAT A FEELIN'.

The support band was a flute playing beat boxer type situation. I enjoyed it but my friends review was 'council estate reggae', NOT the best review I've ever heard someone say, but I enjoyed it immensely. It was interesting to hear the views of people though the medium of music. It's an alternative way of being influenced rather than just the TV or Internet. And, it's a chosen form, not a fed form.

I realised while standing there that believing and having faith in what you do, who you are and having the confidence to go and live the life you want is more of a common thing than I first realised. I could hear the same messages that I have been thinking about in the music I was hearing.
All it takes is one person to change the world, and if you believe you can, then you will. There is nothing simpler. People don't reach their dreams by just dreaming, people reach their dreams by believing. It's not external influences that make things happen, it's the internal belief that it will happen, and then it does.





No comments:

Post a Comment