Wednesday 9 January 2013

Living on the edge of perfection

What happens when you don't know what the person looks like who you are meeting in a coffee shop? Google! Famous lawyers can be googled. Just as I hit Google images and saw a photo I looked up and recognised the man sitting in front of me.
I'm starting to feel more comfortable in my role. I'm now in my forth month and the more people I meet, the more I read and the more organised I've become, have allowed me to stay on top of things nicely. I'm now working on six events throughout Asia, and I'm speaking with some very interesting people every day. My first event is in 6 weeks.
I've become more confident when talking to lawyers as my knowledge in the area grows. It's also hit home that you really do learn more quickly when you ask questions and are honest. I have a role, the people I speak to have another role, I'm less experienced but some day, I'll be in their shoes and that means one day they were in mine. I continue to be surprised when people I meet casually drop into conversations '$500 million deals I've been working on'. I can't fathom that sort of money.

I'm leaving the office later and later, i made it home by 8pm tonight. I've started listening to the radio while I work, helps me to concentrate and I switch from an Aussie station in the morning, as they're three hours ahead, to the UK as they wake up just as I'm starting to loose momentum. I'm hoping to leave a little early on Fri after all these late nights. It's swings and roundabouts. Sometimes you put in extra house, and sometimes you don't have much to do. I'm enjoying being busy at work and finding it all very rewarding. Tomorrow after work I am off to help out Feeding Hong Kong, and work on the charity support for 2013.

I have a new obsession with the Middle East. The city of the future, Dubai. I'm learning a great deal about the region and it fascinates me the more and more i learn. Maybe a future destination for me.
I want to stand in a city created by man, the furthest away from nature possible. I want to be the front of art and culture, charity and life there. I need to find someone there that will allow me to make a difference, support me and inspire me. Share my vision.

What happens if you don't get your dream?
It's okay
You've dreamed another dream
And you're already making it happen
Children of the revolution, young adults with big ideals and big dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment