Sunday 6 January 2013

Small adjustments, big day dreamer

-I am grateful for the places I have already been to
-I am grateful for the friends I have been able to share with, seek support from and care for
-I am grateful for the strength to try new things
-I am grateful for the hard times because they teach me how to be brave and make it through future difficulties
-I am grateful for the freedom to make decisions for myself, but that I have others to make decisions for

Ive been thinking about decisions. Decisions you make for yourself, and decisions you make for others.
'You can't only make decisions based on what you want, you'd never go home' a colleague said to me. You go home for others, you work hard for others, and in return they pay you and you can spend that money on anything you like. You have to give eight hours of you day, for five days a week to someone else, and your reward for that is the money they put in your account, which in turn allows you to travel, spend time with friends, buy things, eat food and you just have to become really good at managing your time so that you can have enough energy for everything. You also gain valuable experience, in something, it might not be exactly what you thought is would be, it never is, but you learn new skills and if you can take a new skill away each day, well, then you are doing okay.
Your job, it's nothing more than a time, experience, personality and energy trade off. Corporate world Vs hobbies. One thing I've noticed, everyone wears grey in my office! Is that a corporate thing? Suits, offices, buildings where we work are all so generic, lifeless, and plain. I'm bringing colour back from now!!!


Saturday

I went for my first run of the year and realised, it doesn't matter how fast or how far you go, your moving in the right direction. And if you are giving it your all, then you are doing enough and all that you can.

It felt like the first day if summer. Warm, sunny, with blue skies over the city. I managed to finally make it out running after toying with the idea of giving up exercise all together, trading in the 1/2 marathon for dressing up in fancy dress and walking it for charity. I opted first to catch up on correspondence and writing. There was time to do everything because there was no time limits today.

I don't have to spend long amounts of time on things, there are many things I enjoy. Exercise is one of them. Writing is another. Spending time with friends, writing and talking to family, reading, exploring, lunching etc etc there was time for everything this year. I feel I have learnt about time management, and now is the time to put it into practice.

I didn't mind that I was slower, had gained some weight or that I wasn't as fit as I had been before. I'd get back there and realised that this year was the first year I didn't feel like I needed to change. I've been waiting for this moment of 'this is what I shall change' to come over me, it didn't come this year which leads me to one conclusion, I'm completely happy with everything. There are areas to work on, time management, focus, and reward but on the whole I realised the changes I have already made are all making me happy.

I also decided that I'd still like to meet a rich man. As you do. Surely the men in this world who are earning millions and millions can't spend all that money themselves. They surely need a loving wife, who will bring up there children and help distribute some of that hard earned cash??! That is a way I could spend my days doing the things I loved. I could love the children, write and stay fit and healthy. Buy art, make homes all over the world. I could choose local produce, cook, campaign for change and develop culture. And he can come back to me and my smile and love every day :) Awwwwww there is nothing like a good day dream. I wonder if he is in this city or another? I'll write an add for the personals......

British Female, 26, knows what she wants: would like to meet
eccentric billionaire,
a sultan or a prince in shining armour, 
7 languages preferred but not essential
Please get in touch if you think you qualify 


While going about some Saturday afternoon errands I realised that Apple are taking over the world, that dwarf Chinese ladies have more determination that I've ever seen, and Marks & Spencer's are mugging expats for money, $200, £16 is not acceptable for three pairs of tights.

I met with a friend at Ikea to buy some lighting for my apartment, I then headed home to catch up with an old friend before heading out to meet a new one. Another lovely Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment