Monday 1 October 2012

National Day and celebrations



Macau trip number two today, and what a wonderful day it was. We boarded the 11:45 ferry over to Macau and arrived on China soil just in time for lunch. We headed straight to Fernando's where we waited and drank some pitchers of sangria. The food was, yet again very yummy. Fresh seafood and freshly baked bread. We laughed a lot. It was the perfect lunch.







Paul decided that we both state that things are pretty when we actually mean they are visually pleasing. Macau is certainly visually pleasing and very pretty. We made our way to the old town of Macau after lunch and ambled down the cobbled streets taking in the atmosphere and looking round Old Portuguese mansions. I thought that it would be a perfect place to see a production of Shakespeare with the outside courtyards and balconies.









The Macau crew in front of St Paul's ruins 






We bought some coconut ice cream and made our way to the ferry terminal to head into Central to watch the National Day celebrations and firework display, all 23 minutes of it.

As I came back into Hong Kong I became official. My work visa was stamped and I walked through customs as an official Hong Kong resident with a huge smile on my face. I had done it. A big stamp across my passport 'Journey Completed'. What a feeling. Two months after leaving the UK, I had achieved so much. A job, an apartment and a work visa.


My approved Hong Kong work visa 

Journey COMPLETED




We bought some champagne to celebrate, Paul deciding that to avoid the dilemma of not having glasses, to simply have a bottle each. I didn't complain as we made our way to the IFC public space to watch the fireworks in the harbour. Pop, one bottle, pop, two bottles, pop, three bottles and bang bang bang bang as the fireworks began on the dot of nine.

It felt like New Years Eve and I felt I was on the eve of a very new and exciting chapter in my life. Hong Kong, conference producing and my new home.







No comments:

Post a Comment