Wednesday 26 September 2012

5* weekend


I received a text on Friday morning saying 'I think you're in need of a bit of luxury'

I couldn't agree more and packed my bags for a night at one of the most luxurious hotel in Hong Kong, The Four Seasons.

I jumped in a taxi and sat in traffic the whole way from Happy Valley to the IFC. My mind thinking that the sooner I arrive at the poolside, the better.


IIt was everything and more than I could have possibly imagined. Not once had it crossed my mind than I would be staying in a hotel that over looked the harbour and ICC. The weight of the city fell off me as I put on The Four Seasons dressing gown and headed straight for the infinity pool on the 5th floor. My dear friend Mr G had had enough of roughing it in a hostel in Causeway Bay and decided he needed to treat himself to some 5* Hong Kong living, I was more than happy to keep him company. The view from our hotel room looked directly at the ICC, the place we had been drinking cocktails not four days before.







There was a Nespresso machine in our room, which made me very happy and the fluffiest and comfiest slippers. I was in heaven.










After a few hours of poolside reading and hot bubbles Jacuzzi relaxing we left our paradise for some food with the commoners of Hong Kong. Swiftly back to the hotel after purchasing some champagne to enjoy the harbour view by night from our room. We had some cocktails poolside and smiled at the tranquility we had found ourselves in.

We listened to music and danced on the window ledge watching the night sky of Hong Kong blink and shine. I thought that Mr G had done very well seeing the famous skyline from as many angles as possible since he arrived. I felt very lucky to have had the opportunity to stay at this most amazing hotel in the city I now call home. It gave me a good taste of things that are to come. It gave me a good goal to reach for. It helped me see the benefits of working hard in my new job and what rewards were on offer if I did well. I felt very lucky to have a friend who recognised when I needed a little pick me up, and was able to do just that for me. I hope one day to be able to whisk my dearest friends away to 5* hotels when they are in need of some TLC.

My positive attitude and determination had returned with bright lights and aspirations.






No comments:

Post a Comment