Thursday 2 August 2012

One week, two interviews and house hunting


I have been in Hong Kong for one week. It's amazing how quickly I have adapted. I just feel like I belong here. I have met some amazing people, who share similar dreams and ambitions. I have seen some amazing places.

This is THE city of sensory overload.

I had a confirmation from Feeding Hong Kong. Gabrielle, the executive director would like to meet me next week. They suggested the 8th, but as this is when I have my Entertaining Asia interview I have now confirmed for Thursday. So next week is shaping up to be one very BIG and IMPORTANT week for me.

Wednesday 8th- Entertaining Asia interview
Thursday 9th- Feeding Hong Kong meeting

I have also started to look for an apartment. It's amazing what is available, in regards to a shoe box and how it can come with an extremely high price tag. I am seeing the apartment search as a means to an end. I don't mind living in something the size of a double bed for the short term while I find work. I am viewing a few places next week, in Wan Chai and Causeway Bay. I am looking to spend no more than $5500 a month. This is my absolute top end, or I wont have enough money to live on. My budget is £100 a week, $1100. Luckily, I am resourceful, I like noodles and soy sauce and I am focused on getting back to my optimum health so am not fussed about going out and drinking. Travel is pretty cheap. You can get around the city, travelling every day for £10, $100 for a whole week. I would walk, but the temperatures don't allow for this most days.

It's all working out nicely. My dream situation would be: for Entertaining Asia (EA) to offer me a role. They will then have to start the visa application process that can take up to 8 weeks. While this is happening, work with Feeding Hong Kong until I can start working with EA and start earning. Fingers crossed.

I can't imagine how excited I will be if this happens. BUT, I will focus on this all working out for me and you never know, it might just do 

No comments:

Post a Comment