Wednesday 8 August 2012

Small company. Big events





The quantum physics quest was on top form today!

Taxi, costing $58 (£5.30) took me straight to my interview in Sheung Wan. From air con, to taxi air con, to building air con! Make up on face. Hair not too big! Arrived slightly early, 40 minutes in fact, thank god for pre loaded books on my phone! I read Pride and Prejudice for half an hour, standard interview prep??

It's a small company, but does big events, working with brands and artists that I am already a fan of.

For example, the club nights they do, is basically my iPod play list, with the likes of Carl Cox, Tiesto, Ministry of Sound, 2 Many DJ's, Deadmau5, High School Musical. The brands the have done launches for makes up my wardrobe and make up bag, Benefit, YSL, Haviananas, Time Out etc etc.

I really feel I belong at this company. The MD went to Portsmouth University. I stalked him on Facebook before my meeting. We chatted for an hour, bouncing stories and ideas back and forth, what I felt I could do for them, what they were looking for.

They kept dropping in they had no positions at the moment, but also talked about how they are currently reviewing the company and could do with some business development help. Score, I thought. New business solutions is my area. I love looking for new ways of bringing in money, expanding and developing. They particularly want to expand into the corporate markets, score again! I do love a good corporate game. They said they were impressed with my tactics of my networking and contacting. All good there then. We talked about communication. As we are all aware, Facebook, email, What's app, Viber, Linked in, Skype and talking are my favourite so that was easy to talk about.

All in all, I still believe this is the company for me. Fingers crossed they see that too. Only time will tell. Another good thing about the MD, he used to work in immigration. Meaning, I reckon he'll know how to get a visa for me!

It's an amazing feeling being this close to my dreams. I'd suggest it to anyone. It's easy when you follow your heart. So much easier than pretending to be something you're not. Things just seem to fall into place when they are right for you. It all feels so effortless. I know I'm working hard, and I'm driven and motivated, but this feeling is just so good. If I could bottle this feeling, I'd make millions. In fact, the way I'm feeling right now, I think I actually might make millions!

I used to worry that my experience was a bit disjointed, that I haven't followed the normal path. Today it really paid off. I could talk about this company I worked for, and that event I've been to. This band I've seen and this place I've been to. It all came together rather nicely. That's why I think I belong in events. It matches my life, my personality and who I am. If they offer me the job, I think it'll be hard work. But I think I am ready to throw myself into something. And I think that something is the event industry in Hong Kong.

Another thing I'm glad about; expensive make up. I'm glad I spend lots of money on this, as cheap make up in this city just wouldn't do. I arrived at my interview looking flawless! No frizzy hair, no make up down my face. Cheap taxi's and expensive make up make for a good interview. Research and preparation is important too. Obviously. The combination of everything today just worked in my favour.

I think it is 100% possible that all my dreams will come true.

A huge thank you to everyone that sent messages of good luck and well wishes to me today. Knowing I have so many people that care about me, support me endlessly and make it possible for me to do these things. I'd never have come this far without each and every one of you showing your endless love and support.

I meandered my way back to Happy Valley and decided to treat myself to a cider in the sunshine. I sat there with the sun on my face knowing I had done my best. That I am 100% happy in the knowledge I gave it my all. Kareem and Richie came to meet me.

I feel absolutely exhausted. Drained and all I want to do is go to bed. However, with interview number two tomorrow.......

Time to go over my research for Feeding Hong Kong. My interview tomorrow is at 12, so I don't have the time to work in the morning like I did today. One final push for this week and then I'm done.

With blisters on my feet and exhaustion from the adrenalin from my interview this afternoon, I say good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment