Monday 20 August 2012

No I don't speak Chinese and no I don't have a visa


I woke up feeling exhausted. My body ached and I had not one ounce of energy. I was going to start applying for jobs and generating more leads for Feeding Hong Kong but I could barely drag myself out of bed, let alone use my brain for anything. 

Instead of worrying about my complete lack of energy and motivation I headed to the shop to buy some food and glue to start my Hong Kong scrapbook. I couldn't face my emails and certainly wasn't in the right frame of mind to apply for jobs or exercise. My calf muscles have frozen and are agony. My sunburn has now gone a purple/dark red colour and is ever so painful. It's going down gradually, but my shoulders are still very painful. I am hoping tomorrow it will hurt less.

I have some meetings for Feeding Hong Kong on Wednesday and I am meeting with a new recruitment guy on Thursday. I also have heard from the company offering a local salary, but they didn't sound too keen as I don't speak Chinese. I didn't mention that I also don't have a visa. I will hopefully hear back from them in any case in the next few days. 

As the money continues to flow out, with nothing coming in it is becoming increasingly difficult to stay positive. I have a limited amount of savings, and now I am paying rent as well as general living costs the money is going down quickly. I wish money wasn't such an issue. I don't like to focus on money but it does seem to dictate so much. I've never been in a position where I have had no money and no job before, but the thought scares the life out of me. 

If I can't find paid work in Hong Kong I will have two options, to go on to Australia and look for work there, or head back to the UK. I want more than anything to find something permanent in Hong Kong and to be able to stay. I want to find something that pays well enough to be able to save so whenever I do head back to the UK I have enough to set up home. I will spend tomorrow applying for jobs online. Surely something has to come of all this hard work that I have already put in to move out here. I have found work before, I will find work again. I will focus on my strengths and how much I have achieved. Head up, heart strong. 

"The challenge is not just to cope, but thrive"  

No comments:

Post a Comment