Saturday 4 August 2012

Part 1: Running and watching films. Part 2: Bows and loaves


I am good at one, I suck at the other. I like films, I just don't have the ability to watch one from start to finish in one sitting. Two or three, yes, once, no. This doesn't bother me, clearly, or I wouldn't do it. It does however seem to bother everyone else. If anyone can genuinely come up with a reason why I should always watch a film in one sitting, I'd gladly listen.

Running in Hong Kong is hard work. It's built on a mountain and it's as hot as an oven. It does mean that I have found a good way to keep fit. There are a lot of stairs.........A WHOLE LOT. I run up these then back down, up then down etc etc all the way up to the top of the mountain. Running when it flattens out a bit, power stomping up the serious inclines. It's just like a session on Roger followed by the cross trainer. WINNING for staying healthy in Hong Kong. Someone told me it wasn't possible, IT IS. I get to the same point on my run each day, somewhere between drowning in sweat and pollution that I decide I must give up smoking. This city has one of the highest pollution counts, breathing in additional rubbish into my lungs is not good. By this time next year, I want to be a non-smoker.

My love/hate relationship continues with the air con. It's loud, but it keeps me cool at night. It dries my eyes out, but it dries my moisturiser too. It makes me sneeze, but it stops my heat rash. They drip on you in the street, but walking into a shop on a 36 degree day is like entering heaven.

We made the best of the best lunches today. I bought a walnut and raisin loaf, still warm from the baker, to have with the left over home made carrot soup I made last night. In addition, I made a small mushroom salad. Simply YUMMY!!!! Richie, after sampling and smelling my loaf, went straight to the baker to make a killed bacon sandwich for his lunch. WINNING at lunch today!!



Fresh and warm walnut and raisin loaf from the baker 

Mushroom salad 
The complete PERFECT lunch- home made carrot soup, mushroom salad
and walnut and raisin bread, fresh from the baker

No comments:

Post a Comment