Monday 13 August 2012

That's how to do it


I celebrated last night..........oh myyyyyyyyyyyyyyy did I celebrate!!

I was buzzing off life so much, I had completed my busy week and secured an apartment. I will be living on Queens Road East in a lovely little flat with two guys from Germany, Tom and John. It's amazing how it has all come together. I will have to pinch myself a few times this week to see if I am dreaming.

I headed over to Kareem's for dinner and a celebratory glass of wine. I met with a guy called Josh at dinner who works with Jackie Pullinger, helping her continue her work with the homeless, drug addicts and the poor. Josh also attends the same church as her, so I have invited myself to join them on Sunday morning (I really wish I had read her book now) I think I will download it for my Kindle, if I ever work out how to do this.

We headed to The Jockey for a drink, and then jumped in a taxi to Wan Chai. The rest, is all a bit blurry. We went to Stanley, and there was some graffiti, tequila and a whole lot of random conversations with people from all walks of life. I gathered quite a few good contacts, which I will be following up. This really is the city of meeting people. I'm sure after eight hours of drinking I was making complete sense and showing myself in the BEST light.





We went to 7/11 and bought a bottle of Prosecco, to have in the sea while we watched the sun rise. We jumped into the sea, swam a bit, drank a bit more, and watched the sunrise over the mountains. As you do in Hong Kong!!

We jumped in a taxi, and I was ready to fall asleep. I came home at 8am. Quite a good effort even for me.

I do, however seem to be unable to go out in Hong Kong without injuring my feet. The last all nighter I did, cut up feet. Last night, cut up feet.

I have been useless all day. I walked to the shop to buy some rubbish food. I save all my bad food, for when I am hung over. A huge bag of crisps, some noodles, a croissant (or two), a bowl of porridge with strawberries and almond tofu.........Bad food day ahoy!!

I will be heading to bed around about now. I will be running in the morning........

No comments:

Post a Comment