Saturday 11 August 2012

Fear of the floor


After my epic fall down the concrete stairs, I have developed a fear of floors in Hong Kong. Any water on the floor makes it a falling hazard waiting to happen. I have some very large bruises and some very sore feet right now. My body is not liking me.

My run this morning was a complete wash out. It was spitting with rain when I set off. Within minutes it was pouring with rain. I decided to continue with the hope that it would pass, it didn't. It rained harder and harder. My iPod broke and my feet were in serious amounts of pain. I walked home, soaked to the bone.

Not all is bad. I had coronation tuna pasta bake for lunch and painted my nails. A relaxing Saturday for me.

I watched An Idiot Abroad all afternoon. I've never seen it properly before, and I have literally spent the day in fits of giggles. A day well spent in Hong Kong.

I am going to go to a church in Lai Chi Kok tomorrow. The church that Jackie Pullinger started. My grandad introduced me to Jackie Pullinger and her book Chasing the Dragon. I was lucky enough to meet someone who works with her at her charity and rehab and invited me along on Sunday. The church is called St Stephen's Society and I can't wait to go. I'm looking forward to being still and peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment