Tuesday 7 August 2012

My mountain awaits. Interview one

"You're off to great places, 
Today is your day, 
You're mountain is waiting, 
So, get on your way!!" 



Dr Seuss knows the score. Today is one of the biggest days of my life. My mountain waits. If this interview goes well, it will open up so many doors for me. Doors to stay in Hong Kong, doors to travel, doors to meet new people, doors to my dreams. I am so very VERY excited about my future.

I left the UK two weeks ago today and my life has completely changed. Getting this job today would be the icing on top of a very large, chocolate and cream, PINK Hong Kong style cake (which I may consider buying if and when they offer me a job) But as I'm a healthy girl, it'll more likely be a trip to the spa for a full body massage and manicure. It doesn't have the same ring to it though........so for now, CAKE IT IS.

I've done two days of preparation, well actually, more like six weeks to prepare myself for today. I have researched the company, researched about interview techniques, put my ‘brag’ folder together including performance reviews, bonus letters and references. I have contacted anyone I can think of that could help connect me with the right people and I have spent endless hours emailing Hong Kong events companies.

I believe this is the job for me. I believe I am right for the company. I believe I can do some great work with them. I believe I can work really hard for them. I believe I can make a positive impact on the team. I believe I can bring new and exciting ideas to the company. I believe, I believe, I BELIEVE!!!!!!!!

If everyone can say a prayer, send positive thoughts and keep their fingers crossed at around 8am on the 8th August then I will have just started the most important meeting of my life and your thoughts will be felt in my heart and be muchly appreciated.

Wish me luck......................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment